
I think mash-ups are pretty cool because the possibilities are endless. I have used Netvibes a little bit, but not too extensively. I really like LibraryThing for Libraries and think that there is so much exciting potential with a tool like that. I love having something online where I can save the books I've read. I used LibraryThing for a while, but now I've started using Goodreads which is a tool that combines the features of facebook and LibraryThing, although it is not a mash-up. The best part about Goodreads is that you can save as many books as you want for free, I think, instead of just 200 which is the limit on LibraryThing. Widgets are an exciting feature and I've added quite a few to my iGoogle page. It would be great to have a library catalog widget on there like Ann Arbor so I could search our catalog from the same page where I check everything else. That kind of mash-up would be excellent. Probably my favorite mash-up, which might not even be considered a mash-up, is WorldCat. By combining all the library catalogs in the world (or close to it), I save myself time searching for something in both the public library catalog and the university library catalog. That's a picture of a potato masher, although I only ever use that tool to make guacamole :)
3 comments:
Oh, I love Goodreads. I really like that you can keep separate lists by year, by currently reading, by to-be-read, etc. without having just tags to sort them.
I'm going to have to check out Goodreads. Sounds very interesting...
Thanks for your comments, Stef and Pinky. I'm glad to get the word out there for Goodreads, it's been a great tool for me lately.
Post a Comment