My TV viewing habits were drastically affected by the Writer's Guild of America strike and I realized after a few months that my TV viewing had become almost nonexistent while my YouTube viewing had increased exponentially. I first got really into YouTube thanks to John and Hank Green's awesome Brotherhood 2.0 project. They chose one day to be the Super Secret Project for Awesome during which the nerdfighters (fans of the Brotherhood) took over YouTube for the day to promote charities. It was amazing, it totally worked, and some people chose libraries and book related things as their charity projects. I found a lot of cool new YouTube channels to watch because of this project and then at the end of last year when Brotherhood 2.0 ended, some fans started spin-off projects, of which I watch two.
Some interesting videos that pertain to librarians include one of my favorites, A Vision of Students Today that's thought provoking when it comes to a new generation of library users. I think YouTube is a great way to reach out to library users and I love the idea of YouTube contests, that seems like a great way to make a library project with YouTube even more interactive between librarians/library staff and patrons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really like the "Vision of Students" video. There is also a K-12 version that came out recently: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_A-ZVCjfWf8
Thanks for the Super Secret Project for Awesome video, too. I somehow missed that!
I haven't watched the K-12 version, I will definitely have to check that out, thanks.
Post a Comment